FNPN 2012 Elections
It is time once again to begin the election process for the Florida Nurse Practitioner Network. This year, our President, Second Vice President in charge of Education, and Treasurer positions will be nominated and voted on.
We will be in need of several volunteers to assist as the election committee nominations and elections this year. If you are interested in becoming more involved (and we really need folks to get involved), please contact our Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your interests.
For those that may wish to run, the positions of President, Vice President of Education and Treasurer hold the following responsibilities:
- Be the chief elected officer and shall preside over meetings of the FNPN and the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors;
- Recommend individuals to do special projects to further the work of the FNPN;
- Recommend ad hoc committees;
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees, except the Nominating Committee (
- Serve as a representative of the organization.
Second Vice President shall:
Oversee educational programs and conferences for the FNPN;
- Assume other duties as assigned by the President.
Be responsible for the fiscal soundness and integrity of the organization;
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the annual budget;
- Oversee records of all debits and credits of the FNPN;
- Maintain checking and credit accounts, make deposits and write checks as required;
- Report an overview of expenditures, balances and foreseeable monetary needs to the Board of Directors quarterly;
- Complete and maintain any financial documents as required by law and as assigned by the President;
- Oversee fund raising as directed by the President and Board of Directors.
Nominations for elections begin now and end on October 30th at which time ballots will be sent to each active member of the council for return no later than November 20th, 2012. Once again, if you are interested, we highly encourage your involvement as we continue to grow in numbers and building bridges within our community!
Gail Fox, Election Chair