Nominations for AANP State Award for Excellence are Now Open
Nominations are now open for the prestigious 2013 AANP State Award for Excellence. Please read the following information carefully. To be considered for the 2013 awards, nominations must be submitted electronically to AANP on the official 2013 State Award Nomination Form no later than October 22, 2012. Thank you in advance for taking the time to nominate deserving NPs and Advocates.
The NP State Award for Excellence is given annually to an NP in each state who has demonstrated excellence in NP clinical practice.
The Advocate State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual in each state who has made a significant contribution toward increasing awareness and recognition of NPs. Examples of past recipients of this award have been physicians, legislators, educators, etc. NPs are also eligible for the advocate award for non-clinical practice initiatives related to leadership, precepting, policy, politics, research, education, or community affairs.
If the situation warrants a tie, two awards may be given in one or both categories. Neither the person nominated nor the nominator has to be an AANP member.
Winners receive the following from AANP
- All winners receive a one-time waiver of their registration fee for the 2013 National Conference
- Current AANP member winners receive a one-year extension on their membership, beginning at their current renewal date
- Non-AANP members who are award recipients are given a one-year complimentary membership
- Winners will be recognized during the 2013 AANP National Conference in June
- States should recognize their award winners throughout the year with individual awards or honors given at the discretion of the state representative
To begin the nomination process, you must log in to MyAANP.
If you do not already have a MyAANP account, Register here.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Beverly McLemore at (512) 442-4262, ext. 5233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Communications
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
PO Box 12846
Austin, TX 78711
Direct Line: (512) 276-5906
Fax: (512) 442-6469